Free shipping on orders over $99
PERFORMANCE & ENDURANCE
STRENGTH & RECOVERY
Too much showering and too many cleansers is really bad for your health!
1. Many conventional shower cleansers are really good at getting everything off your skin, both the good and bad. This is why showering can ruin your skin microbiome and make skin conditions, like eczema, worse.
2. Vitamin D is produced on the skin and hair of animals, even you. This beneficial vitamin will be washed off your skin before it's naturally absorbed if you shower too much.
3. Shower cleansers and skin care products are, on average, really toxic. Parabens, phenol, propylene glycol, alkyloamides, and xenoestrogens are just a few of the commonly used compounds that are documented dangerous to human health.
4. Showering too much breaks the natural skin maintenance cycle because it can remove protective skin oils, offset skin PH, and cause dryness.
5. Showering for over 7 minutes uses more water than a bath; not good for the environment, unless you have a gray water system.
6. Many water sources contain high levels of fluoride, chlorine, chlorine byproducts, and industrial chemicals which are all documented dangerous to human health.
Here's what you can do:
1. Use all natural, chemical-free products. Shower only when and where you need to.
2. Minimize the amount of cleansers you use.
3. Understand that the skin is really good at cleaning itself and that foul body smells can be a symptom of an underlying medical issue and/or toxicity overload.
So, yes, you totally can take a shower under a pristine waterfall. In fact, it's probably a good idea until you get your house water checked and take a look at your shampoo ingredient label.