How to get by on little sleep and still feel good and energized?
The world is plagued with sleep deprivation; billions fail everyday to get the recommended 8-9 hours of sleep for proper health, energy, and wellness. Among the worst countries are Japan, United States, and Singapore. The best sleepers are Netherlands, New Zealand, and France.
This no sleep thing is no game. The long term negative health effects of not getting enough sleep are really scary: weight gain, low IQ and degenerative brain structure changes, low energy and low motivation, more injuries, muscle soreness and heaviness in the body, wrinkly and/or dry skin, increased risk of chronic disease, decreased fitness and health, poor GI health and gut bacteria, depression and mental health issues, and more. The only solution to avoiding these risks and just avoiding feeling like sh*t is to, as you guessed, get the 8 to 9 hours of recommended sleep per night!
But what about acute sleep deprivation? You know, the kind of thing when you have a bad night or two of sleep, or are on the road traveling and just don't get the deep, long rest you are used to. What should we do then? It's funny you should ask because below is a list of a few simple ways how you can get by on little sleep and still function and feel good and energized!
*Are you the type that says, "I'll sleep when I'm dead"? Don't worry, you might be sleeping soon! Lack of sleep can actually kill a person directly. Yeah. It can also indirectly kill a person from weakened health. On average, research shows people who consistently sleep less than 6 hours per night will die much, much earlier than their peers.
**Curious of how to sleep better, in general? Try these things: blue light blocking glasses while watching TV and at night, room temp at 65F or lower, no computer work 2 hours before bed, try warm yellow (not white/blue) color light emitting bulbs in your home, no hard exercise 4 hours before bed, sleep in a 100% dark room, use white noise to block out annoying neighbors and sudden noises, frequent exercise weekly, drink FUNDAMINOS™ in a very concentrated shot 30mins before bed, drink PURECLEAN POWDER™ or BEET'UMS™ twice daily, breath work and meditation, have the same routine every night before bed, listen to music, and assure proper control of stress (both good and bad) in your life, use DAILY DOSE™ everyday to replenish total body nutrition and energy, and follow the PCP IMMUNE DEFESE PROTOCOL .
***If you sleep with someone else and not alone, here are some tips to improve both of your sleep: try using different sheets to regulate temperature or use something like 8 Sleep. Try to have sleep rituals that are similar. Try ear plugs or brown noise if someone snores or there is external noise. Try an eye mask. Talk to your partner and develop a plan for better sleep.
1. "Red light" therapy. It isn't just good for healing injuries and improving how you feel, it's also now being used to improve energy and even whiten teeth naturally. The main action of this treatment it's ability to improve your cellular repair, energy, and mitochondria power.
2. Take a NuCalm nap with the future of brain entrainment technology to help you recovery and replenish energy in 20mins by just closing your eyes. Or a coffee nap, or just a regular nap.
3. Do moderate intensity exercise, and stay way from wicked intense exercise. High intensity exercise when you are tired puts your body in too much stress and can cause more harm than good if consistently done on low sleep. Move frequently. Low intense exercise, like stretching, is great as well as long as it doesn't make you even more sleepy.
4. Get some sun and vitamin D if you can. Or try in a vitamin D sun lamp for indoor vitamin D production on your skin.
5. Drink some UNBEETABREW™ beet-infused performance coffee. But stay away from isolated caffeine.
6. Eat fresh wholefoods rich in vitamins B, C, and D. Eat fresh vegetables rich in color.
7. Drink FUNDAMINOS™ 2 times per day. EAA's and BCAA's help your body heal, restore, and boost energy while you are awake and on the go; they even improve your body's production of many important cellular messages which helps boost energy.
8. Use DAILY DOSE™ everyday to replenish total body nutrition and energy. It never hurts to have a perfect nutrition intake when it comes to increasing energy, right?
9. Make sure to get enough protein (like PURECLEAN PROTEIN™) and try a higher protein day. Protein increases and sustains energy and is much smarter choice for boosting energy over carbs which can spike energy high and then crash you down into a sleepy pit.
10. Peppermint oil can not only help clear stuffy sinuses and aid in temporary relief from allergies, it can increase focus and energy. Chewing some peppermint gum is also a good idea.