Ravanija (Rah-van-e-yuh) is a traditional Balkan dessert still prepared in countries that were under the Ottoman empire. We courageously decided to make it for the very first time ever with our own very special, PureClean Performance twists.
For the cake: (thanks google translate!)
4/5 cup oil (we used coconut oil and ghee 1:1)
1-1.5 cups sugar (we used an erythritol/monk fruit blend)
5 large (6-7 medium) eggs
3/5 cup milk (any type works)
3.75 cups flour (we used a gluten-free and almond flour blend 1:1)
2. Mix the eggs, oil (melted), sugar, vanilla, and milk together for 5 minutes in a large bowl with an electric beater.
3. First hand mix in the flour, protein powder, and baking powder with the egg mixture and then use an electric beater for 3 minutes.
4. Grease a medium-large baking tray and pour in the batter (should be like pancake batter, slightly firmer; add more flour if needed for consistency).
5. Cook for 40 minutes (check by 30 mins if a skewer is coming out clean).
6. Slowly melt the chocolate bar on a stove top inside a medium pan along with the oat milk (stir consistently), then add the raspberry liquor, PURECLEAN PROTEIN™, sugar, butter, and cocoa powder (last for consistency).
7. Take cake out when done and then pour the chocolate frosting over the entire bake.
8. Let everything cool, harden and then cut the cake into triangles.
1. You may want to use coconut sugar or honey for the sugar because ours came out a bit unsweet. We added a syrup of butter and coconut sugar on top for a bit more of a kick.
2. The original recipe eliminates the milk and baking power and calls for 20 eggs and 2.2 lbs. of butter. Tell us how that goes if you try it!
3. For extra flair, sprinkle some coconut shavings over the chocolate frosting.
4. If you are using wheat, semolina is the preferred version.